Hymnal Projection Feast Sites 2016
If the Feast site is not projecting the hymns on a screen then you will need to bring your own personal hymnal or you can use the UCG hymnal app available to download to your mobile device or use online at https://www.ucg.org/members/hymnal
|Big Fork, MT||Yes|
|Jekyll Island, GA||Yes|
|Kohala Coast, HI||Yes|
|Ocean City, MD||No|
|Panama City Beach, FL||Yes|
|Steamboat Springs, CO||Yes|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Yes|
Sabbath Services before the Feast – October 15
This year the weekly Sabbath falls the day before the Feast begins. Many members and ministers will have already left for the Feast of Tabernacles before the weekly Sabbath. As a result, many congregations are canceling services before the Feast on October 15th.
We have provided a map that indicates which congregations have confirmed that they will hold services that day (indicated by a solid green star) and those who have indicated that services will be cancelled (indicated by an outline red star). We hope this map will help you to make your travel plans to this year’s Feast. Most congregations holding services will be meeting at their regular times, but it is best to contact the pastor as early as possible to make sure.
Feel free to print the map to leave on your information table or bulletin board at services. The PDF map can be found here - http://feast.ucg.org/sites/default/files/Sabbath-Services-2016-10-15.pdf
-- Chris Rowland, Ministerial and Member Services
2016 Special Music at the Feast of Tabernacles
The music coordinators/directors of the Feast of Tabernacles have been selected for the U.S. and Canada Feast sites. If you are plannng on going to a Feast site in the U.S. or Cananda and would like to participate in special music please plan to contact the coordinator for that Feast site. Names and contact information is listed at this website http://feast.ucg.org/music-coordinators.
Selections for the 2016 Children's Choir!
Here are the two selections for the 2016 Children's Choir! You can listen here or download the songs to your own computer.
Sing to the Lord
- Sing to the Lord - Lyrics
- Sing to the Lord - Accompaniment MP3
- Sing to the Lord - Demonstration MP3
- Sing to the Lord - Split track
Sing a Song of Praise
- Sing a Song of Praise - Lyrics
- Sing a Song of Praise - Accompaniment MP3
- Sing a Song of Praise - Demonstration MP3
- Sing a Song of Praise - Split Track MP3
The guidelines for the Children's Choir are as follows:
- All children aged 5 through 12 are permitted to participate in the Feast Choir.
- We have been given copyright permission. The songs and lyrics may be downloaded from this web page for all families with children participating in the Children's Choir.
- If you are downloading on behalf of the children in your congregation be sure and give a copy to each child/family as well as a copy of the lyrics and these guidelines.
- We only have copyright permission to give music and lyrics to the families with children participating in the Children's Choir and local choir directors. No music or lyrics should be given to anyone else.
- No sheet music will be reproduced.
- Please have the children learn the main melody.
- The additional instrumental background included will be used as an accompaniment for the performance at the Feast as it provides fuller instrumentation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at (513) 576-9796, or email me at email@example.com.
2016 Feast of Tabernacles Sites
The 2016 United Church of God Feast sites are listed at feast.ucg.org . You can view or download the 2016 Festival Planning Brochure at feast.ucg.org/publications
Key Dates to Remember for U.S. & Canadian Feast Attendees
April 3: Early housing reservations begin for those who qualify (except Edgewater Beach Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida)
April 3: Online registration begins.
April 10: Members attending a U.S. or Canadian Feast site may begin making housing reservations from the list of accommodations supplied in the Festival Planning Brochure (except Hawaii and Panama City Beach—see instructions in description for those sites). For members applying to Cincinnati, if it is not their closest site geographically, there is a possibility of denial, and they will need to select a second choice. For festival sites outside of the U.S. and Canada, transfer approval notification will come directly from that site’s coordinator.
April 16 and 23: Registration at services for those not registering online.
April 27: Registration closes temporarily to determine if any site is beyond attendance capacity.
April 28: Registration reopens and is open all summer for new registration and updates.
April 30: Announcement at church services for those applying to Cincinnati in case there are denials.
How to Register for the Feast
All U.S., Canadian and Caribbean head-of-household members should register either directly online or through your congregation festival advisor.
Applying to a Feast Site Outside the United States or Canada
U.S., Canadian and Caribbean head-of-household members should register per the instructions below, plus directly apply to that site per the instructions given for that site.
Applying to a U.S. or Canadian Feast Site From Other Areas
Members outside of the U.S., Canada, or Caribbean can apply online or contact their pastor to register.
If you apply before April 27, transfer approval is automatic.
You may apply to a U.S. or Canadian Feast site after April 27, but approval will depend upon space available at the site.
1. Internet Online Registration
Registering online should take about 10 minutes.
If you are a head of household, you will be able to register for your entire family.
Go to: http://register.ucg.org/feast/ (starting April 3).
2. Registration at Church April 16 and 23
Members who do not have computers or access to the Internet can register at church services. Please see the local festival advisor or pastor, who will provide you with a form to fill out. They will register online for you starting April 3.