For the Feast in Bend/Redmond this year, we are planning a Family Day Social.
This year we will fellowship together in a quieter, indoor environment conducive to conversing and mingling with one another.
How can you contribute? Bring stuff!
- Cards or board games you are willing to share
- Must be Feast and family appropriate inclusive to several players and finish in a relatively short amount of time (no Monopoly). Folks need to join and leave easily.
- Puzzles and brain teasers, coloring or drawing books.
- Crafts such as scarves that you would like to DONATE to others who could use them. We will have tables set up for items you may take home with you.
- Small art or craft projects you can teach or engage others in - please contact us and let us know what project you are planning on.
What else do we need? Volunteers for things like:
- Face painting
- Feast card making
- Meal ticket sales prior to and during the Family Day Social
Write your name and church area on the games/activities you are sharing so we can get them back to you after the day is over!
Suggestions? Questions? Want to volunteer??? Contact the Family Day Coordinator, Bob Arritola or his wife, Laura at 541-474-7823 or email at email@example.com.
Sabbath Services October 15, 2016
Sabbath services will be held at the Galveston Convention Center beginning at 2:00 PM on October 15. The meeting will be held in the Galleon Room on Level 1.
The correct date for family day and the fun show is Wednesday, October 19. Sorry for the error in the original announcement.
Following are updates for the Steamboat Springs Feast site:
1. For those who will be in Steamboat Springs for the Sabbath of October 15, there will be Sabbath services at the Steamboat Grand Hotel at 2 pm. Services will be in the Burgess Creek Room.
2. We will be having Youth Educational Classes on two days during the Feast. We need additional volunteers to assist in the teaching of those classes. Please send an email if you are interested in serving in this way.
3. The Activity Schedule is now posted in the Activity section of the Steamboat site.
4. There was a more complete message regarding the Feast, including services and Bible Studies, a description of group and other activities, and other info sent earlier to all who are registered to attend the Steamboat Springs Feast site. If you would like a copy of that memo or Steamboat Activity schedule, or if you have any other questions concerning the Feast, please feel free to email me at any time.
We are looking forward to spending the Feast with all of you this year!
Sabbath Services In Cincinnati
We now have two pianists to accompany the song service but would like to have one more. That will involve only three or four services to perform that role.
Our annual Feast family fun show has always been a highlight of the Feast. This year it will be held on family day (Wednesday, October 11), beginning at 6:30 p.m. If you wish to participate, please contact Fred Reeves (Fred_Reeves@ucg.org) with a brief description of your musical presentation, skit or whatever you have in mind. An announcement will be made during the Feast regarding the date and time of tryouts.
We're looking forward to a great Feast in Panama City Beach in five and one-half weeks from today (approx.) and we hope you're preparing for it.
ATONEMENT BEFORE FEAST: We will have Atonement services at DeFuniak Springs, Florida on Oct. 12 at 10 am. The address is: DeFuniak Springs Country Club, 171 Country Club Lane, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435.
YOUTH TEACHERS: Also, we might have need of a couple of qualified youth teachers for this Feast. If you have done this before or have experience doing this, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOLF ENTRANTS: We're still short on golf entrants. We need 16 for the tournament; we now have four. Please respond soon if you desire to have a part in our golf outing (scheduled on Sunday, Oct. 23rd). I will need to cancel our reservation if there's not enough interest.
ACTIVITY SCHEDULE: I will be posting our activity schedule for Panama City Beach soon.
PRAYER: Please pray that all things "Feast" will come together smoothly. Thanks very much.
Jerold Aust Feast Coordinator