Selections for the 2016 Children's Choir!
Here are the two selections for the 2016 Children's Choir! You can listen here or download the songs to your own computer.
Sing to the Lord
- Sing to the Lord - Lyrics
- Sing to the Lord - Accompaniment MP3
- Sing to the Lord - Demonstration MP3
- Sing to the Lord - Split track
Sing a Song of Praise
- Sing a Song of Praise - Lyrics
- Sing a Song of Praise - Accompaniment MP3
- Sing a Song of Praise - Demonstration MP3
- Sing a Song of Praise - Split Track MP3
The guidelines for the Children's Choir are as follows:
- All children aged 5 through 12 are permitted to participate in the Feast Choir.
- We have been given copyright permission. The songs and lyrics may be downloaded from this web page for all families with children participating in the Children's Choir.
- If you are downloading on behalf of the children in your congregation be sure and give a copy to each child/family as well as a copy of the lyrics and these guidelines.
- We only have copyright permission to give music and lyrics to the families with children participating in the Children's Choir and local choir directors. No music or lyrics should be given to anyone else.
- No sheet music will be reproduced.
- Please have the children learn the main melody.
- The additional instrumental background included will be used as an accompaniment for the performance at the Feast as it provides fuller instrumentation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at (513) 576-9796, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIANISTS NEEDED FOR GATLINBURG FEAST SITE
We are in need of pianists for hymns and Chorale music at the Feast in Gatlinburg this year. At the present time we have no pianists. If you are interested in serving in the capacity, please contact Ken Shoemaker as soon as possible at email@example.com or (937) 779-7690.
Thanks and regards, John LaBissoniere Festival Coordinator—Gatlinburg 2016
Feast of Tabernacles—Gatlinburg 2016
We are planning two (2) exciting and enjoyable family events at this year’s Feast in Gatlinburg!
(1) “Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies.”This is our “Family Day” activity which will take place on Wednesday afternoon, October 19th. This will be an exciting and enjoyable experience for all ages! You will see a giant sea turtle, playful penguins and thousands of other colorful and exotic sea creatures! You will also experience clear underwater tunnels—which is the ultimate underwater experience without getting wet! You can explore the lush world of the Tropical Rainforest, Ocean Realm and the Coral Reef and see the best shark exhibit in Shark Lagoon! Kids can also have hands-on fun in the Discover Center! Plus, you can see the new Pearl Harbor exhibit featuring models of WW-2 ships and planes as well as marine life native to Hawaii … and much more!
Join fellow brethren at this fun, exciting venue for a greatly reduced price. Please use the order form below. Payment must be received by September 27th. Important: no discount ticket sales for this activity will take place at the Feast since we must provide the final ticket quantity to Ripley's Aquarium before the Feast begins.
Adult (age 12-up) $21.50 (regular price $31.28)
Child (age 6-11) $12.25 (regular price $17.87)
Child (age 2-5) $5.25 (regular price $8.93)
Child (under age 2, free)
(2) “Family Fest” Buffet Dinner, Talent Showcase and Dance. This new, special event will be held in the Gatlinburg Convention Center on Thursday evening, October 20th. It will be an enjoyable time of fun, food and fellowship with your spiritual family. Attire for the evening will be dressy casual. Seniors, this event will replace the senior’s luncheon we have had in past years and will include you in with the larger Feast family!
From 5:00-6:30 p.m. enjoy a fabulous family buffet dinner enhanced with live instrumental background music while fellowshipping with your brethren. The menu will include: beef tips in gravy, grilled chicken teriyaki, jasmine rice, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetable medley, tossed green salad, assorted dinner rolls and butter, chef’s choice dessert buffet (featuring a variety of delicious cakes and pies), coffee, iced tea, milk and ice water. There will be four (4) buffet serving lines so you won’t have to wait in line for long!
From 6:30-7:30 p.m. you will be entertained by your fellow brethren in our Talent Showcase!
The Family Dance takes place from 7:45-10:30 p.m. Get out on the dance floor and dance to your heart’s content. Our experienced DJ will keep you smiling and dancing. The music volume will be low enough to allow for conversations at the tables throughout the room. We will also have table and card games available for those who prefer to converse and mingle rather than dance.
Younger children will have an area in the room where they will be able to do supervised arts and crafts. We will also have party favors for them and other surprises! (Parents will still need to oversee their children throughout the evening).
A photo area will be available with a special prop to add to the fun. Shoot some pictures and take home enjoyable memories of the family and friends with whom you spent the Feast!
Buffet prices (includes all evening’s activities):
Adult (age12-up) $18.00 ($15.00 meal, $3.00 tip)
Child (age 4-11) $9.00 ($7.50 meal, $1.50 tip)
Child (age 3 and under) eat free from parent’s plate
If you choose not to purchase the buffet meal the cost for the evening is $10 per person or $30 per family.
All prices are lower than the actual cost of the event in the hope that everyone who would like to attend will be able to do so. Donations are welcome to help cover the costs and to help others attend.
After dinner, refreshments will be available which will include chips, popcorn, pretzels, lemonade, punch and ice water. Soft drinks will also be available at vending machines in the facility.
We have a limit of 400 people for the buffet so purchase your tickets soon by using the order form below. Ticket requests and payment must be received by September 27th. Important: there will be no ticket sales for the buffet at the Feast since we must provide the final meal quantities to the facility before the Feast begins.
Tickets for both Ripley's Aquarium and “Family Fest” will be available for pick up at the “Activities Booth” at the Feast. Finally, if you think you can’t afford to attend these events, please inform Keith Wilson at the email or phone number below by September 27th and we’ll see how we can help.
Festival Coordinator—Gatlinburg 2016
Feast of Tabernacles—Gatlinburg 2016
Family Events Tickets
Family Events Number of Tickets Cost/Amount
"Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies”
Adult (age 12-up) $21.50 _______ ___________
Child (age 6-11) $12.25 _______ ___________
Child (age 2-5) $5.25 _______ ___________
“Family Fest” Buffet Dinner, Talent Showcase and Dance
Adult (age 12-up) $18.00 _______ ___________
Child (age 4-11) $9.00 _______ ___________
Without buffet meal: $10.00 person _______ ___________
Without buffet meal: $10.00 family
(give the number of people in family) _____
Contribution to help cover expenses/help others attend (optional) >>>> ___________
Grand Total ___________
Please make your check payable to “UCG Pittsburgh.”
Please print out this form, fill it in and mail it with your check by September 27th to:
c/o Keith Wilson
509 Central Ave.
Washington, PA 15301
For questions, contact Keith Wilson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (724) 228-2186. We will confirm the receipt of your ticket(s) purchase either by mail, email or phone call. Your tickets will be available for pick up at the “Activities Booth” at the Feast.
Hawaii Feast Announcement 2016
Registration for this specialty site has now been updated.
To register for this site and to be approved you must email USFestival@ucg.org or call (970) 484-5878.
The 2016 Feast of Tabernacles for Hawaii will be on the Big Island. The beautiful Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel will host us.
The United Church of God has not met on the Big Island in 20 years and it will be considered a “specialty site” and require advance registration and a deposit. Hawaii might not be a Feast site for at least a couple of years thereafter, so if going to Hawaii for the Feast is in your future plans; 2016 should be considered.
One of the reasons for the move to the Big Island was the rental expense on Maui and Kauai. By meeting at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, meeting room rental will be complimentary and save the Church significant money.
Situated on the sunny Kohala Coast, Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel overlooks the largest of Hawaiian Island’s white sand beaches. Hapuna Beach has consistently been rated on numerous international Top Ten lists and offers consistently good conditions for swimming, bodyboarding, sunbathing and snorkeling.
This hotel has 350 guest rooms, including 36 oceanfront suites. Each of these luxury Hawaii accommodations offers ocean-facing views, revealing the long, inviting expanse of Hapuna Beach from each private lanai (balcony). Also there are 32 oceanfront acres, 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer, Hapuna Beach - natural white sand beach, signature restaurants offering Hawaiian regional and Japanese cuisines. Some of the amenities are in-room mini refrigerator, in-room coffee maker with Kona blend coffee replenished daily, complimentary locking safe in each room for valuables, complimentary admission to state-of-the-art fitness center, complimentary beach/pool towel service, steam room and sauna and complimentary self-parking.
Hotel Room Rates:
$164 – run of house hotel room
$499 – Ocean Front suite
Tax is 13.416%
Children 17 and under are free when using existing bedding in room
3rd adult in a room is $60 per night
Porterage – one time fee of $9 per person
Hotel web page: www.princeresortshawaii.com/hapuna-beach-prince-hotel/
Here's a quick update on pertinent things that relate to the Panama City Beach Feast for 2016. I will use the acronym PCB within my updates to identify the city of Panama City Beach. We hope your planning is going well for you. If you review the Panama City Beach section in the 2016 Festival Planning Brochure, you will find all you'll need to know to prepare for and enjoy the 2016 Feast here. Note the following:
1. PCB early housing reservations begin on Monday, April 18. General housing reservations start on Monday, April 25. We realize that other Feast sites begin earlier but due to the number of reservations that Edgewater receives in the spring, these dates were as early as we could agree on. Please don't call earlier than the dates given. They will have to direct you to call later if you should forget our dates.
2. The Feast this year is later in the year. It begins on Sunday evening, October 16 at 7:30 pm. It ends on October 24, at sundown. The temperatures might be a little cooler than previous years but for me, that would be welcome.
3. Our Feast site will provide a streaming web cast of each service and we will be the site that will stream the president's message on the weekly Sabbath.
That's about it for now. We hope your Feast planning goes well.
Jerold Aust Feast Coordinator, PCB 2016
2016 Feast of Tabernacles Sites
The 2016 United Church of God Feast sites are listed at feast.ucg.org . You can view or download the 2016 Festival Planning Brochure at feast.ucg.org/publications
Key Dates to Remember for U.S. & Canadian Feast Attendees
April 3: Early housing reservations begin for those who qualify (except Edgewater Beach Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida)
April 3: Online registration begins.
April 10: Members attending a U.S. or Canadian Feast site may begin making housing reservations from the list of accommodations supplied in the Festival Planning Brochure (except Hawaii and Panama City Beach—see instructions in description for those sites). For members applying to Cincinnati, if it is not their closest site geographically, there is a possibility of denial, and they will need to select a second choice. For festival sites outside of the U.S. and Canada, transfer approval notification will come directly from that site’s coordinator.
April 16 and 23: Registration at services for those not registering online.
April 27: Registration closes temporarily to determine if any site is beyond attendance capacity.
April 28: Registration reopens and is open all summer for new registration and updates.
April 30: Announcement at church services for those applying to Cincinnati in case there are denials.
How to Register for the Feast
All U.S., Canadian and Caribbean head-of-household members should register either directly online or through your congregation festival advisor.
Applying to a Feast Site Outside the United States or Canada
U.S., Canadian and Caribbean head-of-household members should register per the instructions below, plus directly apply to that site per the instructions given for that site.
Applying to a U.S. or Canadian Feast Site From Other Areas
Members outside of the U.S., Canada, or Caribbean can apply online or contact their pastor to register.
If you apply before April 27, transfer approval is automatic.
You may apply to a U.S. or Canadian Feast site after April 27, but approval will depend upon space available at the site.
1. Internet Online Registration
Registering online should take about 10 minutes.
If you are a head of household, you will be able to register for your entire family.
Go to: http://register.ucg.org/feast/ (starting April 3).
2. Registration at Church April 16 and 23
Members who do not have computers or access to the Internet can register at church services. Please see the local festival advisor or pastor, who will provide you with a form to fill out. They will register online for you starting April 3.