We're now less than three weeks from the Feast of Tabernacles. Our opening night service on October 16 begins at 7:30 pm in the Grand Ballroom.
Here are a few updates that can be of help to you and your families:
1. Our foursome golf tournament (18 holes) needs more golfers in order to keep our reservation with Holiday Golf. We currently have seven signed up and need at least 16. If you can't bring your clubs, you can rent clubs at Holiday Golf for a really small cost of $5. The carts are free and included in the $40 fee. So if you're considering playing in the golf outing on Sunday, Oct. 23, you'll need to let me know soon. We'll receive your payment during the week of the Feast (after the opening holy day). If there are enough golfers for this to continue, we will announce a brief meeting on either Thursday or Friday of the Feast in Sago # 3. You can pay for the tournament at that time.
2. Youth and Teens Festival Booklets will be available during the Feast at the Information Table. Parents should pick up their child's current grade level: K-1; 2-3; 4-5, and 6-Teen, all displayed on the Information Table. The Education Team asks the families who registered on the Feast Website to pick up their booklets first.
3. The local Panama City Beach Feast Brochure is going to the printer today. The brochure is thoughtfully designed to help you to have a better, more enjoyable, and safer Feast. We provide this brochure free to all Feast attendees and it will be available at the Information Table immediately before the Opening Night Service. The Feast Brochure includes the following: Welcome Message, Festival Announcements, Scheduled Activities, Festival Reminders, Speaking Schedule, and Conference Center layout. Please take the time to read it through by or before the first Holy Day. We do have some activities on the first Holy Day that include Teen Hospitality, Youth Instruction, and a Singles meet and greet in the evening.
4. Our first Youth Instruction class will be held at 1:30 pm on the first Holy Day (October 17). Parents should have their children in their respective class rooms (Sago #2 for the youngest, Palm East and Palm West) by 1:15 pm. We should have appropriate signs for grade levels outside each classroom. Children will end their instruction at 2:20 pm and will return to their parents (with parental help) during our announcement time (following the sermonette and song). The second and final Youth Instruction class will be held on Friday, October 21 at 9:30 am.
5. You might want to check out our Activity Schedule on the Panama City Beach web page (click on the Activities tab).
6. We will hold a weekly Sabbath service in the Grand Ballroom beginning on October 15, at 2 pm.
7. Reminder: A department head meeting will be held from 11 am to 12:30 pm on Sunday, October 16 in Sago # 3.
May your entire Feast be peaceful and enjoyable.
Jerold W. Aust